Total Pageviews

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Malindi and Final Departure

03.21.2011 – 03.26.2011 – After 33 straight hours spent either at airports or on planes, I am finally home in NY/CT.  My experience in Kenya with the IBM CSC was wonderful and we established some great friendships while helping our clients.  There were multiple local articles written about our projects as we departed for one last relaxing week in Kenya.  Bianica (US), Ana (Korea), Haruta (Japan), Joshua (China), Reka (Hungary), Alex (Kenya), and I all headed to Malindi to relax and enjoy the sun.  Apart from our original hotel reservation being cancelled and a little excitement of driving a couple miles on the wrong side of the road at on-coming traffic while heading to the airport, the time off was nice.  I hope my blogging provide you insights on what a great program the IBM Corporate Service Corps is and how wonderful the country of Kenya has been.  I have posted my pictures at the following Google Picasa link.  I highly recommend anyone with the opportunity to travel to a place like Kenya, and work with non-governmental organizations and programs like the IBM CSC to take full advantage, it was a very exciting program to be apart of.  The IBM CSC will be accepting applications for 2H’11 beginning next week.  Thank you for following me.  Bill
Kenya Photos

IBM 2011 CSC application period is April 4 - 23 and information can be found here:
IBM Internal CSC Site
External information on the CSC program:
IBM CSC Program

IBM Kenya CSC Media coverage:
The Daily Nation - PCK
The East African - PCK
Business Daily Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment